PSW Photowalk 2009

boston-psw-photowalk-logo

As I sit and listen to the wind howl and watch the snow accumulate on my back deck, it makes me think of one thing… Photowalking.  Okay, truth be told, I was already thinking about it before all this nasty weather moved in but then again, when I think of Boston in March, I tend to think of snow.  At least that’s the weather we were blessed with last time I traveled to Boston for a Photoshop World.  I’m hoping that this year will be different and all this early March weather will clear out and the winds will turn.  So this year I am planning an informal photowalk on the 24th.  This is usually the day when all the pre-cons are going on but it’s also the day that a lot of folks arrive in town for the following day’s opening events and classes.  So for anyone that couldn’t make one of the pre-cons but will be in Boston on the afternoon of the 24th, drop me a comment and let me know if you are interested (this is a totally free event, no registration necessary).  If I get enough takers, I will finish setting up the photowalk and post all of the details.  I probably will start in the evening, around 4:30 or 5:00, somewhere near the convention center.  I have scoped out a potential route and all that’s needed now are the walkers.  So if you are game for a little pre-con of your own or just have questions about photowalking, be sure to add a comment.

Comments

1. Becky and I are interested. We still have not booked flights yet. So, we are in good shape to to make it in early enough. As for today, I think we are heading to Great Falls or somewhare to take some picks together in the snow. Moose would be so proud of us…wxcept we are still in our PJ at 8 in the AM.

2. Jeff,

It’s great you will be up in Boston. I’ll see you there but can’t do the Photowalk since I’m doing a Precon.

Art

3. Jeff,

I’ll be at the Photo Safari pre-con but would be interested in tagging up once it lets out if you are still around. I believe that the pre-con ends at 9PM.

Brian

4. Jeff,

We are doing a NAPP photowalk on Thursday evening starting at 7:30 that I am leading if you are interested of want to combine forces details here http://www.photoshopuser.com/members/forum/showthread.php?t=25469

5. I’m covering photoshopworld for http://www.bostonist.com and would love to do this as well.

6. David Rogers says:

Pending your actual start time I’d love to come along. Flying in at 2pm, get to hotel, check in and then Im ready. Ive never been to Boston so this would be a good tour start. Where do you plan on starting?

7. Nikki Adkins says:

hey,

I would love to go, but I don’t arrive until 5:30. Then there’s the whole hotel check in process. What’s the route, maybe I can meet up.

8. I too would like to join the walk, but I think my flight arrives around 5PM.
    Can you post the route so we can plan to meet at some point?
    Ana

9. I would love to join. My flight is supposed to land at 2:30 PM. I dont know how long it will take for travel to hotel and check-in, but I would hope to be done by 4PM.

Thanks!

10. Would LOVE to go but am attending one of the shorter pre-cons. If the route is posted I will do my best to catch up. Still learning my not-quite-DSLR Lumix so this would be a great chance to play with settings and just look at the world through the screen. New to Boston as well. I arrive the day before so may do a bit of walkabout then. No Crutches this trip! YAY!

11. Shelley Franklin says:

I, too, would like to join the walk. I arrive at 2:30 pm and would like to check in at the hotel first. I have dinner plans that evening, so I might need to catch a cab during the walk. But, since I was planning to do this on my own, this sounds like a blast. Thanks for coordinating.

12. Sorry Jeff I was at your Orlando photowalk and had a great time. I couple of months ago I left a reply on your blog asking if you were doing one at Boston and your reply was no. So I booked a Pre-Con and it finishes at 5:00 P.M. therefore I can’t participate.

I will be attending a Photowalk on Thursday evening starting at 7:30 (see Jeff’s comment above) it would be nice to combine the two or you can always join us.

Take care.

• Harold,
      At the time that you asked, I was not planning on being at Photoshop World. I had a trip planned that was going to have me out of the country but that fell through a couple of weeks ago so I will now be able to attend. I’m sorry you won’t be able to make the photowalk but I’m sure that you will have a great time at the pre-con. Hopefully I will run into you at the conference and you can tell me how it was.
      Jeff

13. John Klatt says:

I would like to join your walk. If you post the route, my wife would like to join as well when she is done her pre-con session @ 6pm. This is our first time at the Conference, and to Boston, so it would be a great opportunity! We are very excited for this trip!!

14. Samantha says:

Hello.
    I would be very interested in joing the photo walk. It sounds exciting. I look forward to it.
    Thanks!

15. Paul Bousquet says:

Definitely interested, is there a sign up or do we just show up?

16. I would like to attend.

17. Sue Augustine says:

Hi Jeff,
    I would like to participate in this Photowalk also. I’m looking forward to it!

18. Sounds like a good time, I would like to attend. My flight gets in around 2:30 so hopefully I can make it when you start. If not, I can also meet up somewhere along the way.

19. sounds cool to me – let me know if it happens!!

20. Hi Jeff,

Thanks for doing this. Would love to join at 5:00PM. Thanks

21. Lori Hug says:

I’m in…..I’m done with a pre-con class at 5:00pm. Where is everyone meeting?

Trackbacks

1. marieboyer says:

@ajresq FYI: there will be a photowalk in Boston (March 24) open to anyone. Thought you might be interested: http://is.gd/lphF

2. Photowalk Photoshop World Boston…

March 24, 2009 4:30PM